June 17, 2016

Foodie Friday: Sweet Potato Latte

sweet potato latte

When I was in South Korea I found this café and they have sweet potato latte on their menu. Of course I ordered it right away. And it didn’t disappoint me at all. It’s sweet and savory. And it makes you full. I’m no sweet potato addict, but I like it quite a lot. In Indonesia there is a lot of traditional snack using sweet potato as main ingredient. And my mother used to make it for me. 
Anyway, when I back to Indonesia I tried to make the sweet potato latte. And it is super-duper easy. All you need is sweet potato and milk. Here is how to make it:
  1. Peel the sweet potato and cut it into big chunk
  2. Steam or boil it until fork tender
  3. Set aside until it cold
  4. Put it on food processor or blender, add some milk (you can adjust the amount of the milk based on your preference), and let the machine do their work. 
  5. Done! You can add ice block or just put it in the fridge. 
I find it perfect even without sugar so I think it’s good for your diet. Check nutritional benefits of sweet potato at positive healthwellness. Please make sure to let me know how do you think when you try it :) 

Tips: If you live in dorm and don’t have access to a blender just use you fork and mash it. Or you can use a grater.

No comments:

Post a Comment